Parents in School
We can achieve the best for your child only if parents and the school works together. We rely on each other’s support … You can help directly:
- Encourage your child, listening and answering questions.
- Show interest; question your child about their day (and don’t ever believe your child has ‘done nothing’ or ‘just played’!).
- Take an interest in what your child is reading. If your child is uncomfortable reading aloud to you, then ask them to tell you what a book is about in their own words.
- Let us know if you have any concerns (if we don’t know about something, then we cannot help!).
- Attend Inglewood Open Evenings and Workshops.
- Come to join our class assemblies whenever possible.
- Let your child know that you believe a good education is really worth having.
- Consider whether you are able to offer practical help within our school.